Alan Jope is the Chief Executive Officer at Unilever and has been with the company for over 35 years. Unilever has been a FCLTGlobal Member since the start in 2016 and has been actively engaged with its work and programming since. Earlier this year, Mr. Jope was a panelist at FCLTSummit 2020, speaking in our Funding the Future: Investments in Innovation session.
Kewsong Lee currently serves as Co-Chief Executive Officer of Carlyle and will assume the role of Chief Executive Officer effective September 30, 2020. Carlyle has been a FCLTGlobal Member since May 2019 and has contributed to the organizations’ new research. Recently, Mr. Lee was a panelist in the plenary discussion at FCLTSummit 2020, Managing for Long-Term Growth in China.
Mark Wiedman, Senior Managing Director, is Head of International and of Corporate Strategy for BlackRock, and is a member of the Global Executive Committee. He is charged with shaping the firm’s strategy and oversees BlackRock’s operations in EMEA, Latin America, and Asia Pacific, and global marketing. BlackRock and FCLTGlobal have longstanding ties; BlackRock was one of FCLTGlobal’s five founding Members and has been actively involved in its research and programming since 2016.
Members of the board of directors hold leadership roles in FCLTGlobal’s member organizations, a group of global companies and investors that take an active interest in long-term business decision-making.
“We’re excited to welcome Alan, Kewsong and Mark to our board, and to reaffirm the strong relationships between FCLTGlobal and Unilever, BlackRock and Carlyle,” said Sarah Keohane Williamson, FCLTGlobal’s CEO and a member of the board (ex-officio). “Alan, Mark and Kewsong, like all of our board members, were chosen for their track record of long-term leadership within their own organizations and their eagerness to spread that mindset across the investment value chain.”
Board members Vijay Advani (Nuveen) and Paul Polman (IMAGINE, formerly Unilever) will step down alongside the new appointments. Mr. Polman and Mr. Advani have overseen a period of growth for the organization, and FCLTGlobal expresses its sincere thanks for their service and guidance. Mr. Polman, a board member since FCLTGlobal’s founding in 2016, will transition to a new role as a Strategic Advisor.
“We’re incredibly grateful for the significant role both Paul and Vijay have played in our leadership team. The advent of long-term business and investment practices has grown leaps and bounds in the past several years. Whatever part FCLTGlobal has had in that growth is thanks in large part to our board of directors, especially Paul and Vijay. We look forward to working with them in the future to continue vocal advocacy for the long term.”
FCLTGlobal’s full Board of Directors and Strategic Advisory can be found below:
Board of Directors
- Carmine Di Sibio, Global Chairman and CEO, EY
- Adena Friedman, CEO and President, Nasdaq
- Peter Harrison, Group Chief Executive, Schroders
- Alan Jope, CEO, Unilever
- Kewsong Lee, Co-Chief Executive Officer, The Carlyle Group
- Chow Kiat Lim, CEO, GIC
- Mark Machin, President and CEO, CPP Investments
- Geraldine Matchett, CFO, Royal DSM
- David Neal, CEO, Future Fund
- Kevin Sneader, Global Managing Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Howard Ungerleider, President and CFO, Dow Chemical Company
- Theresa J. Whitmarsh, Executive Director, Washington State Investment Board
- Sarah Keohane Williamson, CEO, FCLTGlobal (ex-officio)
- Mark Wiedman, Senior Managing Director, BlackRock
- Lei Zhang, Founder and CEO, Hillhouse Capital Group
- Else Bos, Executive Director and Chair of Prudential Supervision, De Nederlandsche Bank
- Natarajan Chandrasekaran, Chairman, Tata Sons
- Larry Fink, Chairman and CEO, BlackRock
- Lady Lynn Forester de Rothschild, Founder and Chief Executive, Coalition for Inclusive Capitalism
- Martin Lipton, Founding Partner, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Andrew N. Liveris, Senior Advisor, Teneo
- Nitin Nohria, Dean of Harvard Business School
- Paul Polman, Co-founder, IMAGINE
- Mark Weinberger, Former Global Chairman and CEO, EY
FCLTGlobal is a non-profit organization that develops research and tools that encourage long-term investing. Our Membership is comprised of global asset owners, asset managers, and companies that play a leading role in rebalancing capital markets for sustainable growth. To learn more, visit www.fcltglobal.org.