FCLTGlobal is seeking a driven, high-caliber individual to join the research team as an Associate Director in the Research Team. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, collaborative approach, strong analytical aptitude, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, the ability to develop trusting relationships with peers and excellent communications skills. The Associate Director will report to the Head of Research and work closely with colleagues across our organization.
The Associate Director will have day-to-day responsibility for leading one or more of FCLTGlobal’s practical research projects, which are designed to develop tools and solutions to help address excessive short-termism in the capital markets and its effect on business outcomes. The research themes include:
- Investing in the sustainable transition;
- Multi-stakeholder capitalism in practice;
- Changing short-term behaviors in capital markets.
The Associate Director will:
- Work with FCLTGlobal’s Research Team to define and scope the research topic(s) and intended goals;
- Work with the Head of Research and Research Directors to engage member organizations to develop a clear research focus, co-develop practical and implementable solutions, and support members in testing new approaches in their organizations;
- In coordination with a Research Director, organize and facilitate member working group discussions on research topics;
- Lead/ support qualitative and quantitative analyses required for the project, and coordinate with any external academics, data providers or other vendors as appropriate;
- Engage with external stakeholders, such as academics, think tanks, associations or other prospective member organizations, who could advance the project and its implementation, while helping expand the reach of FCLTGlobal;
- Develop communications plans for completed research, including writing blogs and speaking at/ attending events.
The ideal candidate would have:
- A passion to evolve their career in line with FCLTGlobal’s mission.
- 5 – 8 years of work experience at a strategy consulting firm, an established asset owner or manager or a mid to large corporation. Experience working on issues relating to capital markets strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to conceptualize, initiate, structure and execute research projects from start to finish.
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills. Knowledge of financial and data analysis preferred.
- Strong project management skills, including a track-record of balancing multiple priorities consensus while remaining on-deadline.
- Experience preparing succinct written outputs suitable for a senior corporate or investor audience; translating research and conceptual work into high-quality published end products.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills, including experience and comfort facilitating workshops and briefings that balance the views of multiple stakeholders.
- Undergraduate degree required; Graduate degree and professional designations (e.g. CAIA, CFA, FRM) preferred.
FCLTGlobal’s office is at 31 St. James in Boston, MA.
Competitive non-profit compensation packages commensurate with experience including health insurance and 401(k) contributions.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please email your CV and a cover letter addressed to Veena Ramani at [email protected] . Applications are strongly encouraged from a diverse set of backgrounds; candidates must have legal work status in the United States.