FCLTGlobal is looking to appoint a high caliber individual to join the organization as a Director, Research, reporting to the Head of Research. This is an exciting opportunity to develop practical insights on the most pressing issues facing investors, companies and the global economy today. The successful individual will play a pivotal role in ensuring the success and impact of FCLTGlobal’s research agenda.
The Director will have day-to-day responsibility for one (or several) of FCLTGlobal’s practical research projects, designed to develop tools and solutions to alleviate excessive short-termism in the capital markets. Projects may be conducted in partnership with members, conducted by FCLTGlobal itself, or in collaboration with academics or other research-oriented organizations. This role requires a highly resourceful individual with deep interest in the issues around long-term capital markets, experience with global investors and corporations, and credibility among members and potential research partners. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial and collaborative mindset, as well as outstanding analytical and communications skills.
- Working with FCLTGlobal’s senior leadership to define and scope the research topic(s) and intended goals.
- Engaging with delegates from member organizations to develop the research, including structuring delegate working groups, bringing new and existing empirical research to the table, capturing the perspective of member delegates, and supporting member delegates on testing new approaches in their organizations.
- Leading any qualitative and quantitative analyses required for the project, and coordinating any external academics, data providers or other vendors as appropriate.
- Identifying stakeholders, such as academics, think tanks, associations or other potential member organizations, who could advance the project and its implementation, while helping expand the reach of FCLTGlobal.
- Codifying the project for public communication and dissemination, including to members, and for FCLTGlobal’s website and other media channels.
The Director will report to the Head of Research, and work closely with the other members of the research team, the CEO, and other FCLTGlobal employees in advancing the research agenda.
The Director will also contribute more broadly to the evolution of FCLTGlobal, including by supporting the CEO and senior leadership team on the strategic plan, deepening engagement with our members, and identifying high priority topics for future research.
Candidate Requirements and Experience
FCLTGlobal combines the energy of a small start-up organization with the reach of a global network of top-tier members companies and investors. As such, the successful candidate will display creativity, passion, and an entrepreneurial spirit. They must have a sense of urgency, a demonstrated comfort dealing with ambiguity and the tenacity to work through the unexpected.
In particular candidates should have:
- Demonstrated experience and deep understanding of issues around capital markets, long-termism, the investment value chain, and drivers of broad based macro-economic growth
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, initiate, structure and execute research projects from end-to-end
- Demonstrated experience translating research and conceptual work into meaningful practical recommendations and high-quality published end products
- Experience preparing succinct written outputs suitable for a CEO audience
- Comfort conducting quantitative analyses and using financial software packages including Refinitiv, FactSet, etc.; experience with advanced statistical packages such as R or STATA is a bonus
- Outstanding verbal communication skills, including experience and comfort leading workshops and briefings for C-Suite audiences
- Track-record of balancing multiple stakeholders and building consensus while remaining on-deadline
- Accountable, with a strong sense of professionalism and integrity
- Enthusiasm for working with FCLTGlobal’s member organizations and demonstrated experience in client service
- Credibility and existing relationships in the long-termism space a bonus
- Graduate degree and/or CFA preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience ideally in issues relating to long-term capital allocation at a leading asset manager, asset owner, consulting firm or in a corporate investor relations or finance team
FCLTGlobal’s office is at 31 St. James in Boston, MA.
Competitive non-profit compensation packages commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. FCLTGlobal is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now