FCLTGlobal seeks an energetic, proactive, organized, and detail-oriented individual to join the quickly growing External Relations team as an Events Associate. This position will report to the Managing Director of External Relations and work with other team members to support the development and execution of online, in-person, and hybrid events for senior global business leaders.
The job responsibilities are as follows:
Event Planning and Execution:
- Support the planning and execution of logistical aspects of FCLTGlobal’s Biennial Summit and attendance at global meetings such as the World Economic Forum’s annual meeting in Davos
- Collaborate with external partners, vendors, and other experts to develop agendas, timelines and budgets for events
- Serve as point person for event details, from planning to execution to post-event analysis
Events Calendar Management:
- Work with External Relations team to develop an events vision and strategy to advance organizational goals
- Partner with colleagues across the organization to organize event content and marketing materials
- Manage agency’s ongoing calendar of webinars, roundtables, and events to ensure stakeholders are kept apprised of updates
- Conduct research to develop best practices for effective event management and presentation
- Help build processes for repeatability and scalability of events and activities
- Think creatively to improve attendee experience, especially in virtual spaces
- Coordinate with event hosts to develop invitations and registration, generate invitee lists, prepare registration content, and manage status reporting
Managing FCLTGlobal’s Appearances:
- Manage a calendar of annual speaking opportunities for the CEO and other senior team members
- Maintain a global speakers’ bureau of FCLTGlobal board members, staff, and representatives
Since FCLTGlobal is a fast-growing organization, we expect that there are opportunities for this position to experience professional growth and increased responsibilities over time.
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
FCLTGlobal combines the energy of a small start-up organization with the reach of a global network of top-tier members companies and investors. As such, the successful candidate will display professionalism, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit. They must have a sense of urgency, a level of comfort dealing with ambiguity, and the tenacity to work through the unexpected.
Candidates should have:
- 1-3 years of event planning experience
- Experience in virtual and in-person event planning, calendar management, and project management
- Proficiency with Cvent, Salesforce, Zoom and other event-related technologies preferred
- Passion for virtual event technology and an ongoing drive to improve the attendee experience
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with people of all backgrounds
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- A desire to learn and grow along with a rapidly expanding organization
- BA required
- Limited travel: The Associate is expected to be present to manage onsite execution of Summit and other events
This is a full-time role located at FCLTGlobal’s office at 31 St. James Avenue in Boston’s Back Bay or through virtual work arrangements as appropriate for public health conditions.
Competitive non-profit compensation packages commensurate with experience are provided, including healthcare and IRA matching contributions.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please email your resume and a cover note to Brett Perryman at [email protected] Applications are encouraged from a diverse set of backgrounds; candidates must be legally able to work in the United States.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. We thank everyone for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.