The Director role encompasses responsibilities that are essential to FCLTGlobal’s success in carrying out our mission: driving research and managing relationships with members. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, collaborative approach, strong analytical aptitude, and excellent communications skills. The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, improve internal processes, and develop trusting relationships with peers as well as executives. The Director will report to the Head of Research and work closely with colleagues across our organization.
The Director will have day-to-day responsibility for leading one or more of FCLTGlobal’s practical research projects, which are designed to develop tools and solutions to help address excessive short-termism in the capital markets and its effect on business outcomes. Project leadership entails:
- Working with FCLTGlobal’s senior leadership to define and scope the research topic(s) and intended goals
- Engaging with delegates from member organizations to develop the research, including structuring delegate working groups, bringing new and existing empirical research to the table, capturing the perspective of member delegates, and supporting member delegates on testing new approaches in their organizations.
- Leading any qualitative and quantitative analyses required for the project, and coordinating any external academics, data providers or other vendors as appropriate.
- Identifying stakeholders, such as academics, think tanks, associations or other potential member organizations, who could advance the project and its implementation, while helping expand the reach of FCLTGlobal.
- Codifying the project for public communication and dissemination, including to members, and for FCLTGlobal’s website and other media channels.
The Director will manage relationships with approximately 10-12 FCLTGlobal members. Relationship Managers:
- Understand key member issues
- Create and implement member engagement strategy
- Develop relationships with member delegates and subject matter experts
- Share best practices internally
- Maintain and update member information including call/meeting notes, substantive emails, and member personnel changes
The ideal candidate would have:
- 10+ years of work experience ideally in issues relating to capital markets at a strategy consulting firm, in a corporate finance or investor relations team, at a leading private equity firm, or an established asset owner
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, initiate, structure and execute research projects from end-to-end including knowledge of financial modelling, with strong quantitative and analytic skills
- Track-record of balancing multiple stakeholders and building consensus while remaining on-deadline
- Experience preparing succinct written outputs suitable for a CEO audience; translating research and conceptual work into high-quality published end products
- Outstanding verbal communication skills, including experience and comfort leading workshops and briefings for C-Suite audiences
- Enthusiasm for working with FCLTGlobal’s member organizations and demonstrated experience in client service; credibility and existing relationships in the long-termism space a bonus
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA, JD or other graduate degree preferred
FCLTGlobal’s office is at 31 St. James in Boston, MA.
Competitive non-profit compensation packages commensurate with experience including health insurance and IRA contributions.
How to Apply
If interested, please email your Cover Letter and CV to [email protected]. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
FCLTGlobal is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now