FCLTGlobal is seeking to appoint a high caliber individual with a top-tier investment or business background and a mission orientation to lead the development of research deliverables, including whitepapers, positions papers, research briefs, and other associated written products. This is an opportunity to help build a global movement of business and investment leaders to drive a more long-term approach to business and capital markets. Reporting to Managing Director, the Director will work closely with FCLTGlobal’s Communications and Research teams to:
- Develop and lead the execution of FCLTGlobal’s research publications to ensure that the research is comprehensive, professional, and timely. This will include:
- Creating and managing production schedules for various projects;
- Ensuring that research is sufficient to create final products;
- Serving as the lead writer and/or editor on research publications, and/or working with the Communications Associate and other external vendors to ensure publications are delivered on deadline; and
- Hitting deadlines for publication of individual research reports against the yearly agenda.
- Working frequently the Research team to understand interim findings and how and when they can be synthesized into public-facing content
- Identify new and innovative ways for to FCLTGlobal to communicate its research and expand its audience
- Provide input into related FCLTGlobal activities, as needed, including its:
- Media strategy and online communications (led by the Communications Associate), and;
- Research programs, events and other activities.
The Director will also contribute more broadly to the evolution of FCLTGlobal, including by providing input into the strategic plan and staying engaged with media coverage and public discourse on topics of long-termism.
Candidate Requirements and Experience
FCLTGlobal combines the energy of a small start-up organization with the reach of a global network of top-tier member companies and investors. As such, the successful candidate will display creativity, passion, and an entrepreneurial spirit. In addition, the candidate will have an appreciation for the benefits of mission-driven goals along with investment or business strategic objectives. They must have a sense of urgency, a demonstrated comfort dealing with ambiguity and the tenacity to work through the unexpected. In particular, candidates must have:
- Prior leadership experience working on the communication of research products that deal with financial or investment concepts and content
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including a proven ability to translate research into C-level communications materials
- Strong project management skills, including experience overseeing and/or supporting through to completion, on deadline, in a dynamic and changing environment
- Demonstrated experience working effectively and collaboratively in a cross-functional team
- Previous experience working in financial services, capital markets, economic growth or other related fields
This position will be based at FCLTGlobal’s office in Boston.
Competitive non-profit compensation packages commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
If interested, please email your CV and cover note to [email protected]. Applications are encouraged from a diverse set of backgrounds, and candidates must be legally able to work in the United States. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. We thank everyone for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.