FCLTGlobal is seeking to appoint a high caliber individual with a top-tier investment or business background and a mission orientation to build our global membership base and strengthen member relationships as a Director of Membership. This is an opportunity to create and drive FCLTGlobal’s membership strategy, engage with the leadership of the world’s top asset managers, asset owners and corporations to strengthen and build the membership, and further a movement of global leaders toward a more long-term approach to business and capital markets. This individual will report to FCLTGlobal’s COO.
The Director will work closely with the FCLTGlobal research, membership and communications teams to develop and lead the execution of the organization’s membership strategy, including outreach to prospective members and engagement of current members. This will include:
- Working with FCLTGlobal’s CEO and senior team to engage current members and secure new members, including preparation of materials to attract prospective members and attendance at engagement meetings, presentations and events;
- Understanding the interests of members and ensuring their teams are appropriately involved in FCLTGlobal’s research, events and other public activities including developing an engagement plan for each member;
- Leading membership communications, including onboarding new members, supporting the strategy and delivery of member meetings, and ensuring regular communication with members; and
- Together with the rest of the senior team, tracking and being accountable for the number of members, rates of membership renewal and member satisfaction over time.
- Providing input on and helping to shape FCLTGlobal’s research programs, member events, communications and other activities.
The Director will also contribute more broadly to the evolution of FCLTGlobal, including by providing input into the strategic plan and staying engaged with media coverage and public discussions on topics of long-termism.
Candidate Requirements and Experience
FCLTGlobal combines the energy of a small start-up organization with the reach of a global network of top-tier member companies and investors. As such, the successful candidate will display creativity, passion, and an entrepreneurial spirit. In addition, the candidate will have an appreciation for the benefits of mission-driven goals along with investment or business strategic objectives. They must have a sense of urgency, a demonstrated comfort dealing with ambiguity and the tenacity to work through the unexpected.
In particular, candidates should have:
- Prior leadership experience in a membership or client-facing role, ideally in the financial or investment management industries.
- Demonstrated experience in building trusted senior-level relationships with leading global organizations, balancing multiple stakeholders and building consensus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including experience with public speaking and presenting to influential audiences.
- An ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues.
- Experience managing and supporting multiple projects through to completion in a dynamic and changing environment.
- A strong sense of accountability, professionalism and integrity.
- Demonstrated experience or interest in issues around long-termism, the investment value chain, reforming capital markets and drivers of broad based macro-economic growth.
- A CFA, MBA or other advanced degree is strongly preferred.
This position will be based at FCLTGlobal’s office in Boston. Please note, travel in the US and internationally will be required.
Competitive non-profit compensation packages commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
If interested, please email your résumé and cover letter to [email protected].
Applications are encouraged from a diverse set of backgrounds, and candidates must be legally able to work in the United States.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. We thank everyone for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.