FCLTGlobal is looking for a smart, curious and ambitious professional to join our communications and external relations team and help build and extend our reach and impact. This is an opportunity to help build and generate enthusiasm for a global movement of business and investment leaders to drive a more long-term approach to business and capital markets.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with the communications and research teams, the Associate will work to communicate FCLTGlobal’s research among its Members and stakeholders, including by:
- Coordinating the development and production of FCLTGlobal’s research publications, including whitepapers and “Idea Exchanges”. This includes working with the research and communications teams to develop and execute against internal publication production schedules, and coordinate with external vendors as needed;
- Assisting with the development and production of other FCLTGlobal publications, including its annual report and event summaries;
- Providing support on member communications, including, together with the relevant FCLTGlobal staff, working with the member communications’ teams to ensure collaboration on articles or other external relations activities where appropriate, and to enable wider distribution of FCLTGlobal’s research; and
- Drafting other communications products, reports, memos and conference/meeting presentations as required.
The Communications Associate will also contribute more broadly to the evolution of FCLTGlobal, including by providing support to the communications and external relations team as needed, staying keeping current with media coverage and public discussions on topics of long-termism.
Candidate Requirements and Experience
FCLTGlobal combines the energy of a small start-up organization with the reach of a global network of top-tier members, companies and investors. As such, the successful candidate will display professionalism, creativity, passion, multidisciplinary skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
In particular, candidates should have:
- Prior experience in a communications role in a corporate or investment environment, or at an agency or consultancy serving clients in those sectors.
- Extensive successful writing and editing experience (externally focused) both for print and digital audiences. Experience effectively communicating research is a plus.
- An ability to think creatively, with exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- An ability to project manage, and collaborate effectively with colleagues and collaborators, both inside and outside your organization.
- Experience managing and supporting multiple projects through to completion in a dynamic and changing environment.
- A strong sense of accountability, professionalism and integrity.
- Demonstrated experience or interest in issues around long-termism, the investment value chain, reforming capital markets and drivers of broad based macro-economic growth.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- A university degree, and an advanced degree in a relative field is strongly preferred.
This position will be based at FCLTGlobal’s office in Boston. Occasional travel may be required.
Competitive non-profit compensation packages commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Applications are encouraged from a diverse set of backgrounds, and candidates must be legally able to work in the United States.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. We thank everyone for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.